In 2016 we read:
- The Hourglass Factory - Lucy Ribchester
- Sense of an Ending - Julian Barnes
- The Humans - Matt Haig
- The Glorious Heresies - Lisa McInerney
- The Power - Naomi Alderman
NB: We added: Queen of the Desert by Georgina Howell to the list, but we haven't finished reading yet! Oops!
From book number 4 onwards we decided to slant towards feminist/ women's literature so we also individually picked out the following to read and share with each other:
- Fear of Flying - Erica Jong
- My Life on the Road - Gloria Steinem
- The Paying Guests - Sarah Waters
- Negroland - Margot Jefferson
Incidentally, we picked the above from this blog post.
|This reading challenge helped us pick books in 2016.|